Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Vegan Butter Toffee

A friend of mine eats only Gluten free desserts. She asked me if I could make a Vegan, Gluten free cookie. So I decided to make an Almond Toffee Cookie. Instead of buying ready made toffee from the supermarket, I asked my mom to show me how to make it from scratch. I thought it was going to be hard, but it was actually really easy.





Ingredients: Dairy free butter, Sugar, Vanilla extract, salt, and water.


1- Add 1/2 Cup Butter
             1/2 Cup Sugar
             1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
              Pinch of Salt
              2 Tbsp. water
Into a saucepan, and bring to a boil on Med/High. It should take about 3-5 minutes.
Insert a candy thermometer to see when mixture reaches 300 degrees F. If you do not have a thermometer, my mom said that when the mixture is at 300 degrees, it will start to turn golden brown. So as soon as you notice it starting to golden brown, it is ready to be poured onto wax paper.

2- Once mixture is at 300 F pour onto wax paper and let cool. when mixture is hard, break into tiny pieces.


This toffee is sooo yummy. My cousin and I snacked on a few pieces and used the rest for the Gluten free almond toffee cookies that I will be posting soon. Enjoy!!


Please follow me on Facebook for updates and more. Click Here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment